Table of Contents
Starbucks Japan will be releasing their new Sakura merchandise collection and spring-limited beverage in February 2023! Many companies in Japan love to release limited-edition merchandise and drinks and Starbucks is no different. Starbucks Japan releases limited-edition merchandise collections several times a year with seasonal themes including New Year, Summer, and Christmas. And while I’ve collected a few mugs since living here and far and away my favorite season for specialized merch is spring with the sakura flowers and colors and the Starbucks Japan cherry blossom merch doesn’t disappoint.
Updated Feb. 24, 2023 for the release of the 2nd collection
The coffee chain’s mugs and souvenirs are so popular that you often have to queue to get your hands on special items, especially during the spring. With cherry blossom season just around the corner, Starbucks has just unveiled this year’s sakura collection along with themed drinks and baked goods. And let me tell you, it is so much more extensive than previous years and I thought there was a ride range before.
Starbucks Japan Sakura Collection 2023 first collection, Sakura HAZUMU will be available online from February 15 and released on 17 February 2023 at Starbucks stores across Japan. The second collection will be released on March 1.
Due to its extreme popularity, products from Sakura Collection such as tumblers and mugs tend to sell out quickly after being released every year. If you are considering to get some items from Starbucks Japan Sakura Collection 2023, we’d highly recommend you to shop them as soon as they are released! (*NOTE: Products are only available in Japan and international shipping is not available. If you’re really desperate for this merch look into a personal shopper.)
A second collection of merchandising is coming, and some toppings for the “Sakura Strawberry Shiratama Frappuccino” are scheduled to change from March 16. So I recommend you keep an eye on this article for the latest news!
For More Starbucks Merch News: See the 2022 Starbucks Reserve Roastery sakura collection
THIS ARTICLE MAY CONTAIN COMPENSATED LINKS. PLEASE READ THE DISCLAIMER FOR MORE INFO
The first Starbucks sakura collection for 2022 features ten items ranging from tumblers to mugs. The collection depicts cherry blossoms in full bloom and is based on the concept of “The Sakura Beauty shining in the light goods.”
The designs show cherry blossoms in pink and purple tones to portray the beauty and fragility of the sakura. Various types of Sakura goods such as the stainless bottle that depicts the cherry blossoms in full bloom in the spring sky with a transparent touch and a heat-resistant glass mug with a cute impression in the shape of a fluffy cherry blossom. This merchandise makes you feel ready for the arrival of spring.
Here’s a full list of what is offered:
- Sakura 2023 Handy Stainless Steel Bottle Purple (¥ 4,950)
- Sakura 2023 Stainless Petit Bottle 180ml (¥3,400)
- Sakura 2023 Stainless Steel Bottle Graduation 473ml (¥3,400)
- Sakura 2023 Handle Lid Stainless Bottle 355ml (¥4,300)
- Sakura 2023 Stainless Steel Mug Blue 340 ml (¥3,3100)
- Sakura 2023 Color Changing Mug Purple 355ml (¥2,9700)
- Sakura 2023 Heat-Resistant Glass Mug Twist Line 355ml (¥2,600)
- Sakura 2023 Heat-Resistant Glass Mug with Beaded Handle 355ml (¥2,800)
- Sakura 2023 Stainless Steel TOGO Logo Tumbler 355ml (¥3,850)
- Sakura 2023 Stainless Steel Cylinder Tumbler 473ml (¥4250)
- Sakura 2023 Stainless Steel Bottle Purple 325 ml (¥4,000)
- Sakura 2023 Bottle Shining Blue 355ml (¥2,300)
- Sakura 2023 Color Changing Tumbler 255ml (¥2,200)
- Sakura 2023 Cold Cup Tumbler Shining 473ml (¥2,400)
- Sakura 2023 Beverage Card Shining (¥700)
- Sakura 2023 Starbucks Mini Cup Gift Pink (¥1,050)
- Sakura 2023 Bearista Message Gift (¥1,500)
- Sakura 2023 Cooling Tote Bag (¥3,400)
- Sakura 2023 Starbucks Campus Ring Notebook Pink (¥550)
- Sakura 2023 Starbucks Campus Ring Notebook Purple (¥550)
- Starbucks Card Sakura Gradation (¥1,500)
- Mini Starbucks Card Sakura Shining
- Starbucks Card Gift Online Store Sakura Shining (¥1,500 deposit)
- Sakura 2023 Reusable Cup 473ml (¥500)
- Sakura 2023 Reusable Cup Exclusive Drink Hole Cap Bearista (¥1,050)
The second 2023 Starbucks Japan Sakura Collection will be released on March 1. The collection presents modern cherry blossoms with pink as the main color. In additional to mugs and tumblers, this second linup also includes a stainless stell bottle with a transparent cherry blossom design, a simple violet pink tumbler, and a pink stainless steel bottle made in collaboration with STANLEY.
This collection includes:
- 3-Way Stainless Steel Tumbler STANLEY Dusty Pink 472ml (¥4,350)
- SAKURA2023 Cold Cup Tumbler Pinkl 473ml (¥2,200)
- Rice Husk Tumbler 458ml (¥2,300)
- SAKURA2023 Mug Floral Rim 355ml (¥2,350)
- SAKURA2023 Color Changing Heat Resistant Glass Mug (¥2,800)
- SAKURA2023 Stainless Steel Bottle Petal 355ml (¥3,900)
- SAKURA2023 Stainless Steel Bottle Marble 355ml (¥4,000)
- Stainless Steel Bottle STANLEY Dusty Pink 473ml (¥5,000)
- SAKURA2023 Starbucks Mini Cup Gift Hologram (¥1,050)
- SAKURA2023 Beverage Card Hologram (¥700)
In addition to this second collection are three items made by Hagiyaki, a traditional japanese craft handed down in Hagi City, Yamaguchi Prefecture. The collection includes a pale pink mug, a soft ivory dual-color mug, and a gradation-colored canister that holds about 150 grams of coffee beans.
- Sakura 2023 Hagi Mug Bicolor 296ml (¥3,000)
- Sakura 2023 Hagi Mug Pink 296m; (¥3,000)
- Sakura 2023 Hagi Canister Gradation with Wood Lid (¥3,500)
In addition to the limited-edition merchandise, this year’s pink beverages include a Sakura Blooming Saku Saku Frappuccino and a Sakura Soy Latte.
The Frappuccino is made with cherry blossom jelly at the bottom of the cup mixed with cherry blossom petals and cherry blossom falvored pearl sugar. The top is decorated with strawberry-flavored macaroon crumbs and whipped cream to create an overall representation of cherry blossoms in full bloom.
The soy latte is a caffeine-free drink combining sakura strawberry sauce and steamed soy milk, topped with cherry blossom strawberry shave and pink silver sugar.
Both drinks are served in a cherry blossom themed cup.
The Sakura Strawberry Shiratama Frappuccino will be sold in a tall size only, priced at 690 yen for eat-in and 678 yen for takeout, while the Sakura Blooming Milk Latte will be sold in Short through to Venti sizes, priced from 550-668 yen.
The Sakura Blooming Milk Latte will be on the menu from 15 February to 14 March.
The second beverage from the SAKURA Collection 2023 will be available from March 1 to March 14th, 2023 with pre-sale from February 24 to 28 for mobile order only). Sakura Blooming Saku Matcha Frappuccino (680 yen- tall only) wants to evoke the image f cherry blossoms in full bloom. It the popular Matcha Cream Frappuccino topped with a Sakura Blooming Saku Topping to give a cute appearance and a light, crunchy texture.
Cherry Blossom Sweets
To go with the drinks, there are also a variety of Sakura treats on the menu for a limited time.
The always popular cherry blossom chiffon cake and donuts are accompanied by a new Sakura and Green Tea Doughnuts, flavoired with the subtle flavors of cherry blossom and matcha.
Convenience Store Drink Selection
Ahead of the main merchandise release, Starbucks always releases a chilled cup drink available in convenience stores as a way to tease their upcoming release. This year Starbucks has released a Sakura White Chocolate with Milk Pudding. The sweet and creamy sakura, milk, and chocolate drink is perfect for a gentle spring day, and the milk pudding pieces add an extra satisfying texture to the smooth drink.
This drink goes on sale February 8th and is available in convenience stores like 7-11, Lawson, and Family Mart and costs ¥237.
I’m really looking forward to trying these treats and looking through the merchandise. Stay tuned for a video covering the merchandise once they’re in stores!
In Store Sakura AR Experience
In stores this spring is a Sakura AR experience that gives you an additional taste of spring with your cherry blossom beverages.
You can access the Starbucks Sakura 2023 URL with a QR code on your Starbucks receipts, shopping bags, and packing boxes from online orders. The Bearista’s full bloom Sakura store will then appear. You can now take photos of your drinks and merch with a variety of cherry blossom trees.
The experience lasts from February 15- April 12, 2023 in stores across Japan.
The QR code will be available on receipts only until March 15.
Here’s the how-to graphic they offer. It should help even if you don’t speak Japanese.
THIS ARTICLE MAY CONTAIN COMPENSATED LINKS. PLEASE READ THE DISCLAIMER FOR MORE INFO