A Wandering Scribbler
A Wandering Scribbler is a bookish travel blog all about, stationery, cozy coffee shops, and literary activities, mostly in Japan.
One of my favorite things to do while traveling or living in a new place is to find the bookstores, cozy coffee shops, museums, and anywhere that might have shown up in a novel.
I decided to share my interest with others who also love living the literary life, finding great stationery, journaling, and planning a creative and travel-filled life.
More About Mackenzie
I grew up near Buffalo, New York but since graduating high school I’ve spent most of my time elsewhere. I’ve traveled to over 65 countries and lived on 3 continents. I now live in Toyko, Japan with my husband, son, and daughter.
I’ve spent most of my life learning to write. Well, creatively write. I mastered writing in English some time in elementary school. (There’s actually a funny story from Norway where an acquaintance thought I was in my 20s and hadn’t yet learned to write. Talk about lost in translation). After learning to write, I’ve learned how to craft stories: getting BAs in English and Writing from the University of Pittsburgh and then my MFA in Creative Writing from Spalding University.
Beyond writing and reading, I love the outdoors and have made a goal to climb to the highest point in any place I live (Texas was easy), or visit (Kilimanjaro was more challenging). I also love shopping at IKEA, running, and watching crime shows.
- Summited Kilimanjaro
- Took overnight trains in Russia
- Cruised around the Caribbean
- Learned to SCUBA dive in Australia
- Searched for Aliens in Roswell, New Mexico
- Explored the Peruvian Andes
- Went Island hopping in Croatia
- Studied at Charles University in Prague
- Road Tripped around Ireland
- Worked in a hostel in New Zealand
- Hiked in the Italian Alps
- Visited Ancient Ruins in Mexico
- Kayaked in Montenegro
- And More!
Together We Have:
- Hiked the Italian Alps
- Rode Camels in Morocco
- Cruised the Seine in Paris
- Attended High Tea in London
- Played on the beach in Grand Cayman
- Ate our way around Tokyo
- Soaked in Hot Springs in Iceland
- Rode kiddie trains around Montmartre
- Napped through the Chunnel
- Took overnight ferries in Baltic
- Ate our way around Epcot
- Watched hockey in Finland
- Explored Gamla Stan in Stockholm
- And More!